Termite Protection For Melbourne's Eastern Suburbs
There is nothing more unnerving than the discovery of termites in your home. The fear and uncertainty that comes with termite infestations can be resolved through talking to a licenced termite operator who can dispel the fear of not knowing and provide solutions to stop these nasty home destroyers doing further damage to your home.
Cannon Pest Management eliminate active termite infestations and provide treatments for ongoing protection. We have the knowledge & experience to determine the right treatment method to apply for your home. We only use high quality termiticides and do not use cheap generic copies.
If you require a free onsite quote for a termite treatment please contact us now!
Insure Your Home Against Termite Attack
As a registered TimberSecure provider through our insurer, Rapid Insurance, we can offer you the ultimate peace of mind cover that provides you total ‘no fault’ policy. If termites gain entry to your home and cause any damage, you do not have to pay for the repairs or wait for costly estimates to be done.
For a one-time fee (paid to the insurance provider) on completion of a full chemical soil treatment by our qualified termite technician, you can obtain a full five-year coverage plan with TimberSecure.
For full details directly from the insurance provider please go to https://www.timbersecure.com.au/
Termite Protection and Treatment Methods
There are several types of methods available to prevent or control termites and provide protection to your building. These are physical barriers, chemical soil treatments, baiting and monitoring systems. Some methods are only designed for use in new homes during construction and others are suitable for pre-construction and established buildings. Each building is individual and whilst one type of method is suitable for one situation it may not be suitable for another. We have the knowledge and experience to determine the best method to be applied for for each situation.
These are solid physical termite barriers designed to give a home strong termite protection. These physical termite barriers are applied as a house is being built, or added on to, and are specifically laid on the perimeter of the concrete foundation (or slab). There are a number of physical termite barriers available. Physical barriers are the least-toxic method of termite control for new buildings. This method isolates the termite colony from a building by creating a complete barrier around or beneath a building’s foundations that termites cannot cross.
Chemical Zone (Non-repellent)
The chemical is applied into the soil as a continuous chemical soil zone around and under the home. These chemicals do not create a repellent barrier that termites cannot crawl through. As a result, termites continue to forage through the soil until they pick up a lethal dose. Termites are social insects that live together in large colonies and feed and groom each other. In doing so, the chemical is transferred to other termites that may not have been in direct contact with the treated soil. This indirect method of toxicity has the potential to kill an entire colony just by treating a nearby building.
Chemical Barrier (Repellent)
Chemical barriers work by applying an unbroken boundary of pesticide around the exterior of a structure. This creates a zone or band of toxic soil that the termites cannot cross. It’s important to understand that repellent chemical barriers may kill some termites that come in contact with the treated soil, however they do not control termite colonies. This means that termites can still forage around your property and attack untreated areas. Creating an effective chemical barrier may involve trenching around the foundations of the structure, and injecting the chemical into the soil through holes drilled in concrete foundations.
Sentricon AlwaysActive is the new and very different way of continuously protecting your home against termites, harnessing the natural behaviour and biology of termites, together with a highly effective termiticide. Sentricon AlwaysActive is a highly effective solution that offers the safety of a baiting system and the continuous protection of a chemical barrier.
Installed strategically around the home in the prime foraging areas, the Sentricon station provides a window into the world of the termites. The random and continuous foraging of the termites will be directed to the In-Ground stations. The stations contain Sentricon IG Termiticide Rods which the termites find more palatable and more attractive than wood. The termites feed on the termiticide rods on mass, tunnel back to the nest all the while unaware that it is detrimental to their survival. The active ingredient in Sentricon AlwaysActive is what’s called an insect growth regulator, which means it is specific and deadly to termites, but safe to you and your family. Termites periodically shed their skin (moult), and this process is interrupted once ingestion of the Sentricon AlwaysActive occurs. An inability to moult results in the death of the workers, and ultimately leads to the elimination of the entire colony.
- There more than 250 species of termites in Australia, but only a handful cause destruction to homes.
- Commonly called “white ants”, termite are actually closely related to cockroaches!
- Termites can be put into three basic categories: dampwood, drywood and subterranean. Subterranean termites are the main threat to timber in buildings, this makes them a danger to the biggest investment you may ever make – your home.
- Termite nests are formed either in trees, in soil mounds or underground. There are 5 main nest types and many species will build more than one type of nest.
- A termite queen can lay more than 1000 eggs per day in her prime and she can live for 20 years in ideal conditions.
- Termites never sleep – they are always eating, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
- Termites can get into the smallest cracks – all they need is a crack about the width of a 5 cent piece to invade your home.
- Termites communicate with each other by secreting pheromones and by banging their heads back in forth, which causes vibrations that other termites can feel.
- How much termites eat and how fast they eat will depend on many factors like the species of termite, the size of the termite colony, the geographical location and the type of wood being consumed. For a smaller colony they could eat a piece of wood the size of a mans forearm in 6 months. A much larger termite colony could consume several times that amount in the same period of time.
- Termites are referred to as the silent destroyers, they can cause severe damage to timber building structures without being detected for several years.
Here are some helpful tips on how to avoid attracting termites to your home:
- Ensure soil is not in contact with susceptible building timbers
- Ensure sub-floors are well ventilated and remain dry
- Use only resistant timbers below floor level
- Avoid storage of wood directly on soil, under, around or in contact with buildings
- Improve drainage and fix leaky plumbing to reduce available soil moisture
- Avoid garden beds around the perimeter of your home as they can breach termite barriers and provide concealed entry
- If garden beds are present around the perimeter of your home, do not raise the soil level above the existing ground level
- Replace untreated timber garden surrounds or retaining walls with termite resistant materials
- Remove any dead trees and stumps since they are nesting site for subterranean termites
We provide termite treatment and control solutions to Bayswater, Blackburn, Burwood, Croydon, Dandenong, Glen Waverley, Heathmont, Ringwood, Vermont, Wantirna and surrounding Melbourne suburbs.
Termite Control service in Bayswater, Blackburn, Burwood, Croydon, Dandenong, Glen Waverley, Heathmont, Ringwood, Vermont, Wantirna and other Melbourne subburbs
At Cannon Pest Management we have seen just how quickly termites can thoroughly destroy all timber structures that they come across before they are detected. Utilising effective and reliable methods our skilled and certified pest removal experts can bring prompt termite control and treatment to Bayswater, Blackburn, Burwood, Croydon, Dandenong, Glen Waverley, Heathmont, Ringwood, Vermont, Wantirna and surrounding Melbourne residents for complete peace of mind. For a free quote of our services feel free to contact us today.